The team at Imaan Solicitors understand the importance of living with your loved ones and how important it is to secure their status with you.
We can understand the emotions that you feel when you are trying to make an application for a spouse, partner or family member and we take pride in helping all of our clients in these situations to feel safe and confident we will make the applications for them to achieve a successful result.
Spouse Visas are granted initially for a 33 month probationary period if applying from outside of the UK and 30 months if applying from inside the UK after which you can apply for a renewal of the visa. After 5 years, you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK.
In order to make an application for a Spouse Visa, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- You and your partner must be over the ages of 18 years.
- One of you is a British Citizen or a person present and settled in the UK.
- You are both in a genuine relationship and you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or civil partners.
- You must be able to provide evidence of your marriage / registration of partnership.
- You must show you have adequate means of financially supporting yourself without reliance on public funds.
- You must show you have adequate accommodation to house you and your spouse / partner together with any other family members.
- You have sufficient knowledge of the English Language (Evidence will be required by way of passing an approved course).
Applying for a Spouse / Partner visa requires detailed evidence and documentation. Our team can advise you on all the paperwork that will be needed to be gathered and once done we can prepare a strong application that will increase your chances of success.
Family Visas Only
We also offer our services to anyone wishing to make an application as a Family Member of a British Citizen or a person residing and settled in the UK.
The requirements for Family Visas will include providing proof of your relationship with the person who is a British Citizen or person settled in the UK as well as satisfying the requirements of being able to financially accommodate and support yourself without recourse to UK public funds.
Under family visas there is an added category type for Dependent Relatives.
In order to apply as a dependent family member, evidence will be needed to prove that:
- You are related to a person who is present and settled in the UK.
- You are mainly financially dependent on relatives present and settled in the UK.
- The person you are dependent on living in the UK has the means and is willing to support you financially and accommodate you and his/her own other dependents without recourse to public funds.
- You have no other relatives or care/support system in your own country that can help you.