Imaan Solicitors in Manchester UK
Call our Helpline Now
Monday to Friday 10am - 6pm
0161 710 2602
Included in mobile call minutes
Imaan Solicitors
Short Term Visit Visas
Home > Start Your Application > Short Term Visit Visas

If you are a non-EU resident and wish to visit the UK there are many different categories of visit visas available to cover different reasons for wanting to visit the UK. You may want to visit family or friends or come to study at an institution in the UK for a short time or come to the UK for business reasons or for tourism to see the UK.

Whatever your reason, Imaan Solicitors can help you.

The main categories of UK Visit Visas are:

  • Standard Visitor Visa
  • Business Visitor Visa
  • Short-Term Study Visa
  • Medical Treatment Visa
  • Marriage Visitor Visa
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visa


Standard Visitor Visa

Anyone can apply under this category of Standard Visitor Visa if they want to visit the UK for tourism, to see family or friends, for business, for sports or creative events or to undertake private medical treatment in the UK.

This category of Standard Visitor Visa has replaced all previous categories that covered these reasons to combine them all into one standard application. Previous visa categories now covered under the Standard Visitor Visa application include:

  • Family Visitor Visa
  • General Visitor Visa
  • Child Visitor Visa
  • Business Visitor Visa (including for academics dentists and doctors)
  • Sports Visitor Visa
  • Prospective Entrepreneur Visa
  • Private Medical Treatment Visa
  • Approved Destination Status (ADS) Visa

Under the Standard Visitor Visa any applicant must prove:

  • They have enough funds to maintain themselves and any dependents financially during their stay in the UK
  • Must be able to pay for the return journey and any other related costs
  • They will leave the UK at the end of the visit

Also, under the Standard Visitor Visa application category it is possible to apply for a long-term visit visa. There are some added requirements for this extension such as proving the need for frequent and ongoing visits to the UK.


Business Visitor Visa

Business Visitor Visas are more complex in their nature than Standard Visitor Visas and require the submission of more detailed information. Some of the requirements are the same and some are vastly different.

Under this category you must be employed overseas and be visiting the UK on your employer’s behalf. Whilst in the UK you can only act as an advisor, consultant or trainer to the UK branch of the overseas company you are employed by. Further you cannot receive payment by any source in the UK.


Short Term Study Visa

If you wish to attend an educational establishment in the UK to study a short course this is the right category type for you.

To be successful under this application you would need to prove:

  • You have been offered a place on a short course at an establishment in the UK.
  • You have enough funds to support yourself without working or taking help from UK public funds.
  • If you are under the age of 18 years, you have permission from your parent/guardian to study in the UK.
  • You will return to your home country at the end of the course.


Marriage Visitor Visa

Anyone who wants to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK would need to apply for this type of visa whether they are currently inside or outside of the UK.

Anyone applying under this category must be:

  • Over 18 years of age.
  • Must be able to support themselves financially during their visit in the UK without working or help from UK public funds.
  • Free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK.
  • Be in a genuine relationship.
  • Must leave the UK at the end of the visa.


Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

Anyone can apply under this category for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa if you want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system.

In order to be successful you would have to prove:

  • You are above the age of 18 years.
  • You are not visiting the UK for more than one month.
  • You will leave the UK at the end of the visit.
  • You have enough funds to support yourself.

Short Term Visit Visas